The original core of the Library’s collection came from the personal library of Frank Lloyd Wright’s first apprentice, the late William Wesley Peters, and chronicles the history of the Taliesin Fellowship from its inception in 1932. In 1996, as part of the effort to assist in the NAAB accreditation process, numerous people, including architects formerly affiliated with Taliesin, donated personal book collections to the Library. Additionally, many libraries contributed books and periodicals.
Acquisitions of current publications in architecture and the arts are ongoing. The William Wesley Peters Library presently contains over 31,000 catalogued volumes, including:
> State and Federal documents
> Sound recordings
> Architectural archives which include books and pamphlets, slides, photographs, drawings, collateral materials, correspondence, and other documents.
The Library’s Mission
The mission of the William Wesley Peters Library is fourfold:
> To provide information resources to the faculty, staff, and students of the School and the Foundation
> To collect, preserve, and conserve published materials regarding the architectural and design legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright
> To enhance awareness of the lifetime work of Frank Lloyd Wright.